Budget 2023 invests in improving health and mental-health care, creating more affordable housing, growing a clean economy and delivering more help with costs – especially for families and British Columbians most affected by global inflation.
This year’s budget helps protect people who can’t afford today’s high prices and takes action on the issues people care about, like finding affordable housing and accessing health care.” Here are some Policies oue government has implemented:
- Permanent Boost to the BC family Benefit
- New Funds will bolster support for workers, businesses
- B.C. and Ottawa reach $27 Billion health funding agreement
- Investments in 911 network supports safer communities
- B.C takes action to reduce ER wait times for people in mental health crisis
- BC launches action plan to better detect, treat , prevent Cancer
- Free contraceptives in B.C.
- Historic investments in food security supports British Columbians
- Amendments will fight disinformation and makes election more accessible