Services & Help

When you contact my community office, my staff and I will do everything we can to assist you, respecting your confidentiality at all times. To get a better understanding of what our office can do for you, please review the information below.

We can:

  • Provide contact information for government services;
  • Assist in understanding government policies and services;
  • Assist in navigating government bureaucracy;
  • Ensure due process is being followed;
  • Attend community events;
  • Accept practicum students;
  • Provide congratulatory and greeting messages;
  • Provide government documents, legislation discussion papers, and other web-based forms if you don’t have internet access; and
  • Resolve issues you may be having with provincial ministries or agencies — however, by law, there are some matters we cannot help you with (see below).

We can help you if:

  • You are a resident of the Burnaby – North riding; and
  • Your matter deals with the provincial government.

Unfortunately, we cannot help you if:

  • You have retained a lawyer, or if you require legal advice;
  • Your matter is pending before the courts; or
  • The police are involved — we cannot make inquiries about police investigations. Please direct any complaints about police conduct to the Office of the Police Complaints Commissioner.

We are unable to:

  • Offer legal advice or assist with legal action;
  • Overturn the decision of any provincial government ministry or body;
  • Influence processes set up by law to be independent of the Legislature – such as the office of the Ombudsperson, the Police Complaints Commissioner, the Representative for Children and Youth, etc.;
  • Change the time-limits for filing appeals;
  • Take on casework that is federal or municipal in nature;
  • Interfere with federal or municipal issues;
  • Settle disputes between businesses or neighbours;
  • Find constituents housing; or
  • Find constituents employment.