Budget 2021 is about helping people now and creating the conditions for a strong economic recovery. Together, we’ll make health care better; create new opportunities for people; help BC businesses hire and grow; and we’ll invest in infrastructure to create jobs and build our communities.
Every day, people and businesses across BC are working hard to fight the virus and get life back on track. And your government is working with you.
- BC is providing more supports per capita for people and businesses than any other province.
- Budget 2021 continues to directly support people and businesses by continuing to fund the BC Recovery Benefit, and a range of measures to help businesses adapt and prepare to seize the opportunities that recovery will offer.
As more people get vaccinated, we can see a light at the end of tunnel — but we’re not there yet and keeping people safe is our top priority.
- Budget 2021 includes $900 million in new funding for testing, contact tracing, personal protective equipment and the largest vaccine rollout in B.C.’s history.
Budget 2021 Includes very important capital investments in community infrastructure in our community:
• The Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Training is partnering with the BCIT on a 464-bed mass timber Student Housing project that will cost $114M.
• BC Housing is providing $11 million of capital funding through the Supportive Housing Program to add an additional 43-units to the property at 3986 Norland Avenue.
• Phase 1 for redeveloping and upgrading the Burnaby Hospital so patients receive the best, most efficient care possible – $577.2M ($543.2M provincial, $34.0M foundation)
• Upgrades to Brentwood SkyTrain Station including escalators and elevators to improve service and increase station capacity – $30.9M with funding from Canada ($9.4M), the Province ($14.1M), and TransLink ($7.4M).