TransLink is asking their customers for feedback about how our next generation of SkyTrain vehicles can be even better. Approximately 200 new cars are being ordered to deliver on Phase 2 of the Investment Plan and we’re looking into some refreshed interior options.
Customers will be able to vote on seating arrangement and flex space options, like:
- Perimeter (sideways) seating in response to requests from customers for more choice.
- Flex areas to better serve customers with mobility devices, strollers, bicycles, and luggage.
- Bike racks in flex areas to make bike storage more convenient and comfortable.
- Leaning rails for customers who cannot sit and stand easily.
In addition to the online survey, we will also be holding four public info sessions:
- Tuesday, Jan 15, 2:30 – 6:30 p.m., Waterfront Station (Central Concourse)
- Wednesday, Jan 16, 2:30 – 6:30 p.m., Lougheed Town Centre Station (Bus Loop Entrance)
- Thursday, Jan 17, 2:30 – 6:30 p.m., King George Station (Main Concourse)
- Saturday, Jan 19, 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m, Metrotown Station (East Stationhouse)
The consultation process is open until January 25, 2019. Additional information and a link to the online survey can be found at translink.ca/fleetexpansion.